Returns and Cancellation Policy
At Laurence Ian, we’re confident in the abilities of our designers, gemmologists
and master jewellers to produce stunning jewellery. However, in the unlikely
event you are unhappy with your purchase the following returns policy applies:
- Products must be returned within 14 days
- Products must be unworn, undamaged, and in saleable condition.
- For hygiene reasons, earrings (and other pierced jewellery) cannot be
- Your item must be returned with all supporting paperwork it came with,
including any GIA certificates or gemstone grading reports
- The jewellery must not be missing any of its original diamonds or
- The jewellery must not have been adjusted by any other jeweller or
- Bespoke commissions, personalised items or engraved items are
excluded from our returns policy, unless faulty
If your purchase meets the above criteria a refund will be issued within 28 days
If you have lost your GIA certificate, this can be replaced, however you must inform Laurence Ian at point of contact before returning, who will advise what to do. The process to replace a certificate is lengthy and expensive, therefore we reserve the right to deduct a £350 fee per certificate to cover the costs if your jewellery is returned.
Items found to be damaged or defective prior to you receiving your item (and through no fault of your own) can be repaired or replaced, or you will be fully refunded.
If you are unsure whether your jewellery can be returned, please ask Laurence at point of contact, or email email@example.com
As stated above bespoke commissions, personalised or engraved items are excluded from our returns policy, unless faulty. However, we will be happy to offer an exchange within 14 days of purchase. An exchange may incur re-stocking charges to cover the production costs incurred and are at the discretion of Laurence Ian. If you chose to cancel your purchase during the production stage, you may incur costs if production has started.
Preparing your return
Returns can be made in person, or via delivery. To return an item in person, please book an appointment. For returns via delivery, we ask you follow these important steps to return your Laurence Ian purchase.
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, call us on 07917881473, or contact Laurence directly to discuss your return. You must do this before returning your item.
- When confirmed with Laurence, you should package your item with original packaging. This must include your GIA/diamond grading certificate.
- You should avoid writing anything on the package or within the address that alludes to the value of the package contents, including ‘jewellers’ or ‘diamonds. Instead address the package as following: ‘“Laurence Ian”, 52a Watling Street Radlett Hertfordshire WD7 7NN
- We ask you return items within the UK via Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed, making sure the package is tracked and insured. You should also obtain proof of posting. For orders returned from outside the UK, you should choose a reputable courier of your choice, ensuring the package is tracked, and obtain proof of dispatch.
Laurence Ian reserves the right to reject a return if the above steps are not carefully followed, and is therefore not liable to repair, replace or refund the item. Any replaced or newly set ring is non-returnable and non-exchangeable.
Please make sure your jewellery fits the above criteria before returning, or check with Laurence at Laurence Ian. You can also email email@example.com with questions.